[OS X TeX] Re: [OS X TeX, OT] Re: MacOSX-TeX Digest, Vol 44, Issue 17

Jean-Claude DE SOZA jeanclaudedesoza at orange.fr
Mon Jun 27 21:00:42 CEST 2011

Le 27 juin 2011 à 20:47, Berend Hasselman a écrit :

> On 27-06-2011, at 20:40, Jean-Claude DE SOZA wrote:
>
>> It seems like a new Aquaterm package 1.1 was released a few months ago for Mac OS 10.6.
>> So it installs a 64 bit AquaTerm.framework and a 64 bit Aquaterm.app.
>> You don't need anymore to compile yourself the two components for running Gnuplot in a terminal set to Aqua.
>
> As I mentioned in a previous post the compiled version of AquaTerm 1.1.0 from sourceforge doesn't work properly. It doesn't clear the plot area before drawing a new plot.

I've just installed the new AquaTerm 1.1 upon my the one I compiled myself and it works correctly. Here is a copy from a Terminal:

MBP:~ jcds$ gnuplot

	G N U P L O T
	Version 4.4 patchlevel 3
	last modified March 2011
	System: Darwin 10.8.0

	Copyright (C) 1986-1993, 1998, 2004, 2007-2010
	Thomas Williams, Colin Kelley and many others

	gnuplot home:     http://www.gnuplot.info
	faq, bugs, etc:   type "help seeking-assistance"
	immediate help:   type "help"
	plot window:      hit 'h'

Terminal type set to 'aqua'
gnuplot> plot sin(x)
gnuplot> plot cos(x)

> It superimposes each plot on the previous plot.

No, AquaTerm clears my first plot and doesn't superimpose the second on the previous.

> As far as I can see, it is simply broken.

I'm not sure.