[OS X TeX] Own Style files

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 17:14:33 CEST 2011

On Jun 13, 2011, at 10:52 AM, Enrique Javier Elizondo Huerta wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an easy question that I was not able to solve.
>
> I created a subdirectory in ~/Library/texmf/latex/packages and I
> added a style file. I added a .sty file there but when I run a tex
> file in emacs or texshop they don't find the sty file. Where should
> I put the file so that the file can be read when running pdflatex?

I want my style files and my graphics files to be close to my
documents. So, in the preamble of the document itself, I have, for
instance,

\usepackage{../StyleSheets/Preamble}
\usepackage{../StyleSheets/GraphicsPaths}

where StyleSheets is a subfolder of the folder in which the whole
project resides.

Regards
--schremmer