[OS X TeX] Re: PDFSync problems

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Wed Jul 20 23:34:04 CEST 2011

Hi, Juan,

On Jul 20, 2011, at 10:17 , Juan Luis Varona wrote:

> Justin C. Walker <justin at ...> writes:
>

>> Hi, all,
>>
>> I just noticed the following "glitch" with labels and refs.  Maybe "pdfsync",
>> but I'm not sure.
>>
>> If I put a label on an "exercise" (created with "\newtheorem"),
>> and then click on a ref to it, I end up at page 1,
>> not the page where the exercise is.
>>
>> This worked in (the latest update to) TL-2010.  I'm currently using TL-2011.
>>

> I got the same that you describe both with texlive 2010 and texlive 2011.
>
> I think that the problem is that the \begin{compactenum} forces a end of line
> just in the title of "Exercise", when latex do not want a end of line.
>
> A workaround is to use
> \begin{exercise}\quad\label{ExI.5}

That worked.  I don't know enough of the innards to understand it, but I'll go with it.

> Moreover, why to use \usepackage{pdfsync}?

That's actually a red herring.  I meant synctex (and forgot I had the package included).  I have synctex checked in TeXShop's prefs, and the problem persists when I remove the "usepackage".

Thanks for the suggestion!

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon at Large