[OS X TeX] Re: [texhax] installed MacTeX, unable to typeset anything

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Tue Jul 19 18:27:51 CEST 2011

On Jul 19, 2011, at 09:22 , Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 19.07.2011 um 18:03 schrieb Justin C. Walker:
>
>> % openssl md5 < /path/to/mactex-file
>
> You can leave away the "<". The "/path/to/mactex-file" text appears in Terminal when the file is dragged from Finder or Desktop onto the Terminal window.

Yes; that's correct.  I leapt deftly to the incorrect conclusion that "stdin" was always used.

It doesn't matter how "/path/to/..." gets there (typing or drag-drop).  The digest will be computed for the file specified.

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon at Large
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb