[OS X TeX] gs in mactex 2011

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Tue Jul 19 03:53:00 CEST 2011

Michael,

On Jul 18, 2011, at 4:57 PM, Michael Sharpe wrote:

> The MacTeX 2011 pretest from 7/3/11 contains a version of gs 9.02 that lacks the usual Resource/Init folder and has no Fontmap.GS file, as far as I can see. Am I asking for trouble if I simple copy the Resource folder from 8.71, or should I compile my own 9.02 from source and use the version it creates?

I think you'll discover that if you compile from source, you get what is in MacTeX-2011. There were
some Ghostscript changes between 8.71 and 9.02.

We made the Ghostscript 9.02 package long before we made the rest of MacTeX-2011, so it
has been tested for a long time. I'm not aware of problems.

Dick Koch