[OS X TeX] Console warnings

Ross Moore ross.moore at mq.edu.au
Tue Jul 12 00:16:28 CEST 2011

Hi Themis,

On 12/07/2011, at 7:53 AM, Themis Matsoukas wrote:

> On Jul 10, 2011, at 6:23 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:
>

>> Am 10.07.2011 um 22:56 schrieb Themis Matsoukas:
>>
>>> Maybe a conflict between packages?

No.
I've seen the issue many times, when using  \include .
Some commands to make named destinations seem to be done
two or more times. Usually at essentially the same location,
so any links to those destinations seem to get it right anyway.

>> *I* have no idea! Does Google help?
>>

> I didn't google it but when I take hyperref out, these warnings go away.

Since it is hyperref patching to something or other that is the cause.

> As long as it is a hyperref issue I am not concerned. My publisher doesn't want me to use it, but I use it anyway, for easier navigation, and plan to take it out at the end.

Sure. Having hyperref's active linking during development is
a real boon for productivity.
But if it is going to be a printed book, then you don't want
it for the final copy.

On the other hand, if it were to be for an electronic book
or PDF only, then you certainly *do* want what Hyperref provides.

Beware though, to check that your final pagination is correct,
as it is possible for some of hyperref's adjustments to not
preserve everything exactly.

> Thanks
>
> Themis

All the best,