[OS X TeX] Latexmk updated to version 4.25.

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Jul 7 21:53:46 CEST 2011

On Jul 7, 2011, at 2:38 PM, Alan Munn wrote:

> Hi Herb,
>
> Thanks for all your work on this. But can I suggest (again) that it would be really nice if your stuff were put on CTAN.  There are various system-specific things there, and it really is the one place that most people look for to find any TeX related stuff.
>
> I'd be more than happy to assist in putting it up for you if that's an issue.
>
> Alan
>
> On Jul 7, 2011, at 2:00 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> Latexmk 4.25 has been published. Only changes that have to do with Windows. However, I've added a simple dtxmk engine for compiling dtx package files into package documentation using pdflatex.
>>
>> It is available set up for use with TeXShop as ``Latexmk425TeXshop.zip'' from <http://public.me.com/herbs2>.
>>
>> Good Luck,
>>
>> Herb Schulz
>> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

Howdy,

Well, the latexmk stuff I put together is for TeXShop which is NOT part of CTAN. The fact is that the latexmk program is already on CTAN and is also part of TeX Live. I supply a separate version with some custom configuration files (actually, some of the stuff comes with the latexmk distribution on CTAN) and setup for TeXshop. The reason I don't just use the version that is part of TeX Live is that there are some users of TeXshop who are using (much) older TeX distributions which don't have latexmk and also to make sure that my supplied engine and configuration files are guaranteed to still work if there is drastic change in latexmk until I can update my supplied system.

Other things that I have on my download site are either TeXshop only related (although many of them aren't needed with newer versions of TeXShop), personal files that a few others might find useful but aren't original enough to bother putting on CTAN or even cannot be put on CTAN because they use some things derived from fonts supplied by Apple. The one thing that might be of general use (a scaled Courier font) already is on CTAN and in TeX Live.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)