[OS X TeX] Creating a pdf for the APS journals

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Mon Jul 4 16:32:41 CEST 2011

Paolo,

There are many possible causes of this problem, none due to TeXShop. Recall that
TeXShop just calls TeX to do your typesetting. The message comes from TeX.

Possible problems:

1) You installed Fink or MacPorts, and got a piece of a TeX Distibution from them
The system tried to use their distribution.

2) Your TeX is defective or maybe doesn't exist. Reinstall BasicTeX or
MacTeX:

	www.tug.org/mactex

3) other possibilities, which will no doubt be explored by other writers

Dick Koch