[OS X TeX] how to adapt "Close Current Environment"? (TeXShop)

Steffen Wolfrum mactex_ab at st.estfiles.de
Fri Jul 1 10:41:07 CEST 2011

Hi all,

in the latest TeXShop there is a new feature called "Close Current Environment":
By hitting the respective keystroke TeXShop looks back in the source from the cursor for the latest

\begin{aaa}
and writes an

\end{aaa}
at the current position!

For ConTeXters this could be even more useful, as ConTeXt allows consequent structuring:

\starttext
 \startchapter[title="Test"]
  \startparagraph
   Test text.
    \startfootnote[1]
     Note text.
    \stopfootnote
   \stopparagraph
  \stopchapter
\stoptext

I hope it shouldn't be too difficult to extend "Close Current Environment" from begin/end pairs only to start/stop environments too.

Does anybody know how to do this?
Or does anybody know who actually wrote this feature (so I could ask him/her directly)?

Thank you very much,
Steffen