[OS X TeX] Find n TS

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Jan 21 22:18:12 CET 2011

On Jan 21, 2011, at 3:09 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Jan 21, 2011, at 11:13 AM, Themis Matsoukas wrote:
>
>> On Jan 19, 2011, at 8:14 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>>
>>> Don't know what to tell you. It would be hard to believe that could change since the state of the OgreKitFind is saved in TeXShop's Preferences. I tried changing the state to the top of file rather than the cursor and it stuck, rebooted and it still stuck. Did you quit TeXShop before shutting down? I don't think that would make a difference either since the OS sends a signal to all the open apps to shut down before it shuts down the computer. Unfortunately one would need a way to reproduce the behavior.
>>
>> OK - Here is what happens: if you set the Origin of the Find panel to "Top", the preference sticks, as long searches are initiated with command+F. If you search with command+G, or click "Next" in the OgreKit window,  the Origin reverts to Cursor and stays there for all future searches. I can fix this by checking the Option "Wrap search", so the Origin does not matter. However, the Origin should not change so unexpectedly.
>>
>> Themis
>
> Howdy,
>
> Hmmmm... I'll look at that but... I would hope that using Cmd-G to continue a search would behave like starting at the cursor because otherwise it would always find the same first value at the top of the file and you could never go down. Not every find leads to a change and sometimes you want to find the second item that matches in a file.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

Howdy,

Now that I played with that I think it's worse than what you say. It appears that it reverts to the cursor position (and saves that preference) once you do the find the first time, no need to do a Cmd-G find. Hopefully Dick Koch will see this and be able to do something, otherwise someone from the OgreKit project may have to find out what is going on.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)