[OS X TeX] auto-greek in TeX

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Jan 19 14:48:47 CET 2011

On Jan 19, 2011, at 7:28 AM, Marinos Koutsomichalis wrote:

> Hi Herb,
>
> appart from ~/Library/..
>
> I copied them here:
>
> /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/afm/auto-greek - for *.afm files
> /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/tfm/auto-greek - for *.tfm files
> /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/type1/auto-greek - for *.pfb files
> /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/map - for *.map
> /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/latex/auto-greek - for *.fd
>
> and tried
>

> sudo texhash - with the PATH here-
> and
> updmap-sys --enable Map=greek.map

Howdy,

No need to give the path for the texhash command:

sudo texhash

is certainly sufficient.

Do you also use sudo for the updmap-sys command? It should be

sudo updmap-sys --enable Map=greek.map

and I assume that the *.map had the greek.map file in it; what map file(s) are supplied. I'd also place that map file in /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/map/dvips/auto-greek (and rerun the texhas command above of course).

> At first I got a message from updmap that grek.map was not found and that I should copy that to the right place (that was before I copied things into /usr/...)
> then I just got some sort of message that there is nothing to change or sth similar

If you had the map file(s) in the correct folder in your personal tree they would have been found so there must be something wrong here.

> I tried using the package afterwords but I get no greek.. actually I get no pdf-pages at all..
>
> thx

What is the package called? I can't find auto-greek, autogreek or even auto greek on CTAN.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)