[OS X TeX] auto-greek in TeX

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Jan 19 14:19:36 CET 2011

On Jan 19, 2011, at 7:02 AM, Marinos Koutsomichalis wrote:

> Hello list
>
> ths is my first post so nice to be here..
>

> I' m trying to install this in MacOs
>
> maybe sb else has already done so ??
>

> I copied the sources  in ~/Library/texmf
>
> and
>
> sudo texhas ~/Library/tesmf
> sudo updmap-sys --enable Map=greek.map
>
> but no luck..
>
> I also tried the /usr/local/texlive/texmf/..

Could you let us know exactly what got copied to where? And what do you mean by /usr/local/texlive/texmf/ since that is NOT one of the standard texmf trees? It also appears that you have typos in your commands above; did you copy/paste from what you actually did or just try to type them into the e-mail? Finally, what do you mean by saying it doesn't work.

One note: there is no need to run texhash (I assume that is what you were doing) for items in your personal tree (starting in ~/Library/texmf where ~/Library/ is the Library folder in your HOME folder).

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)