[OS X TeX] Latex to Html

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 18:58:27 CET 2011

On Jan 14, 2011, at 12:18 PM, Art Werschulz wrote:

> Hi.
>
> On Jan 14, 2011, at 11:51 AM, Alain Schremmer wrote:
>
>> Command line!
>
> I'm a Unix person at work who's been using a Mac at home since 1980-
> something.

My first computer was a "Fat Mac" ...

> (Ditto with much of my family.)  I was thrilled when Mac OS X was
> introduced, because I then got the best of both worlds.  You can
> solve a lot of problems using bash (along with sed, grep, awk,
> sort, and so forth), not to mention the occasional Emacs macro.

... because I belong to "the rest of us". I used to be in the racing
car world and used to explain to "the rest of the drivers" all that
they ought to learn so I guess I got my comeuppance. :-)))

> I heartily recommend Neal Stephenson's "In the Beginning Was the
> Command Line", found at http://www.cryptonomicon.com/
> beginning.html ...

I liked "snow crash" so I will read it tonight.

> More on point: Somebody who knows some AppleScript magic might be
> able to create a drag-n-drop based on same.  This strikes me as
> something that ought to be an easy task.  However, I don't know
> AppleScript.

However, I don't know Unix.

>> I forgot to mention that my very limited experience with ThH is
>> that it can deal only with "very standard" LaTeX. For instance, it
>> does not recognize paralist.
>
> I've encountered this problem myself.  I sometimes need to patch up
> the HTML produced by tth.  However, it tends to cover over 90% of
> what I need, which is good enough.

Well, the gui tends to cover 100% of mine because I react to anything
that requires the terminal the way I used to think of Porsches in my
racing days: t'would be nice to have one but since I cannot afford
one ...

Regards
--schremmer