[OS X TeX] Searching the PDF?

Alan Munn amunn at gmx.com
Fri Jan 14 17:37:01 CET 2011

On Jan 14, 2011, at 9:09 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> Right now I'm trying to add some information about input/file encoding since I've seen folks have problems with opening/saving source files with the wrong encoding. We'll see how that turns out.

Not to open a can of worms (I feel this has been discussed before), but is there any reason why the default encoding in TeXShop is MacRoman instead of UTF-8?  Using UTF-8 makes switching between different platforms a lot easier, and also saves any grief for first-time XeLaTeX (and soon LuaLaTeX) users.

Alan

--
Alan Munn
amunn at gmx.com