[OS X TeX] Searching the PDF?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Jan 14 15:09:07 CET 2011

On Jan 14, 2011, at 7:54 AM, Per Ting wrote:

> Does a manual for TexShop exist somewhere on the web? I mean something more
> extended that Tips & Tricks that explains hidden properties like this one?

Howdy,

Not as a separate document but TeXShop's Help->TeXShop Help Panel... can be very useful for many things (not this particular thing though, as far as I can tell).

I eventually would like to put together a more complete manual than ``TeXShop Tips & Tricks'' but doing it in a way that is not just a description of each menu item, etc., takes lots of thought and time. Until I can get things better organized in my head I'll stick to the Tips & Tricks kind of document.

Right now I'm trying to add some information about input/file encoding since I've seen folks have problems with opening/saving source files with the wrong encoding. We'll see how that turns out.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)