[OS X TeX] Latex to Html

Sylvain CHAMBON chambon.sylvain at me.com
Fri Jan 14 02:07:39 CET 2011

hi !

i'm trying to  find a simple way to put on web my latex works.

i've found TeX4ht and (its SimpleTex4ht MacOS X gui interface) but i'm
not satisfied by the result : maths formula are transformed in awful
bitmap images or in mathml format which is quite ignored (or
misunderstood)  by almost web browsers.

i've also seen the result of mathjax for example which produces very
beautiful math in all browser, really amazing.

finally, here is my purpose (and also my question) : is there a way
(options in TeX4ht or with an other software) to produce a html page
from a latex file (a simple one, to begin...) in which all text will
be html coded except the equations, that means all between $...$ or \
[...\] or $$...$$ or whatever else... which will stay the same that in
the latex file ? thus, when i'll publish that page, mathjax to the job
for maths formulas...

i hope i'm clear because i'm not really good in english... sorry about
that !

thanks for your answering.

sylvain.