[OS X TeX] Re: Referencing to figure in another document

Shahriar Anwar anwar at asu.edu
Wed Feb 23 08:16:00 CET 2011

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 18:33:51 -0700
From: Shahriar Anwar <anwar at asu.edu>
Subject: [OS X TeX] Referencing to figure in another document
To: "macosx-tex at email.esm.psu.edu" <macosx-tex at email.esm.psu.edu>

Dear LaTeX Community,

I am writing a manuscript using the memoir class. The different chapters ( .tex files) of the manuscript are entered in the main document with the command \include{Path/ChapterName}. Now if I have a figure in Chapter2 (\label{fig:AGreatFigure}), say, and want to reference it from Chapter4, then how would I go about doing it?

I have tried \ref{fig:AGreatFigure} and \ref{Path/Chapter2/fig:AGreatFigure} and different variants of it in Chapter4, but upon compiling my main manuscript.tex file I get question marks (??) where I expect the proper referencing to be. Of course I have saved and compiled my documents several times but haven't figured out the solution.

Thanks for any help and suggestions.

Shahriar Anwar

Message: 2