[OS X TeX] Which OS X fonts with matching math fonts?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Feb 23 00:21:31 CET 2011

Am 22.02.2011 um 19:08 schrieb Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard:

> What I
> actually wanted to ask is: in addition to the well-known free fonts
> usable on
> any platform with any TeX engine, is there any font provided with OS
> X which is
> particularly worth trying and looks fine with one of the existing
> free math fonts?

I don't know. (And I don't want to make a few thousand comparisons.)
Here is the list of font(file)s installed in Mac OS X 10.5.8 (Leopard,
without Snow):

fixed	PostScript name				Full name
Location
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
no      JCkg                                    #GungSeo
Regular                        /Library/Fonts/#Gungseouche.dfont
no      JCHEadA                                 #HeadLineA
Regular                      /Library/Fonts/#HeadlineA.dfont
YES     JCsmPC                                  #PCMyungjo
Regular                      /Library/Fonts/#PCmyoungjo.dfont
no      JCfg                                    #PilGi
Regular                          /Library/Fonts/#Pilgiche.dfont
no      AlBayan                                 Al Bayan
Plain                          /Library/Fonts/AlBayan.ttf
no      AlBayan-Bold                            Al Bayan
Bold                           /Library/Fonts/AlBayanBold.ttf
no      AmericanTypewriter                      American
Typewriter                     /Library/Fonts/AmericanTypewriter.dfont
no      AmericanTypewriter-Bold                 American Typewriter
Bold                /Library/Fonts/AmericanTypewriter.dfont
no      AmericanTypewriter-Condensed            American Typewriter
Condensed           /Library/Fonts/AmericanTypewriter.dfont
no      AmericanTypewriter-CondensedBold        American Typewriter
Condensed Bold      /Library/Fonts/AmericanTypewriter.dfont
no      AmericanTypewriter-Light                American Typewriter
Light               /Library/Fonts/AmericanTypewriter.dfont
no      AmericanTypewriter-CondensedLight       American Typewriter
Condensed Light     /Library/Fonts/AmericanTypewriter.dfont
YES     AndaleMono                              Andale
Mono                             /Library/Fonts/Andale Mono.ttf
no      Apple-Chancery                          Apple
Chancery                          /Library/Fonts/Apple Chancery.dfont
no      LiGothicMed                             Apple LiGothic
Medium                   /Library/Fonts/Apple LiGothic Medium.dfont
no      LiSungLight                             Apple LiSung
Light                      /Library/Fonts/Apple LiSung Light.dfont
no      AppleMyungjo                            AppleMyungjo
Regular                    /Library/Fonts/AppleMyungjo.ttf
no      Arial-Black                             Arial Black
Standard                    /Library/Fonts/Arial Black.ttf
no      Arial-BoldItalicMT                      Arial Fett
Kursiv                       /Library/Fonts/Arial Bold Italic.ttf
no      Arial-BoldMT                            Arial
Fett                              /Library/Fonts/Arial Bold.ttf
no      Arial-ItalicMT                          Arial
Italic                            /Library/Fonts/Arial Italic.ttf
no      ArialNarrow-BoldItalic                  Arial Narrow Fett
Kursiv                /Library/Fonts/Arial Narrow Bold Italic.ttf
no      ArialNarrow-Bold                        Arial Narrow
Fett                       /Library/Fonts/Arial Narrow Bold.ttf
no      ArialNarrow-Italic                      Arial Narrow
Italic                     /Library/Fonts/Arial Narrow Italic.ttf
no      ArialNarrow                             Arial
Narrow                            /Library/Fonts/Arial Narrow.ttf
no      ArialRoundedMTBold                      Arial Rounded MT
Bold                   /Library/Fonts/Arial Rounded Bold.ttf
no      ArialUnicodeMS                          Arial Unicode
MS                        /Library/Fonts/Arial Unicode.ttf
no      ArialMT
Arial                                   /Library/Fonts/Arial.ttf
no      ArialHebrew                             Arial
Hebrew                            /Library/Fonts/ArialHB.ttf
no      ArialHebrew-Bold                        Arial Hebrew
Bold                       /Library/Fonts/ArialHBBold.ttf
no      Ayuthaya
Ayuthaya                                /Library/Fonts/Ayuthaya.ttf
no      Baghdad
Baghdad                                 /Library/Fonts/Baghdad.ttf
no      Baskerville
Baskerville                             /Library/Fonts/Baskerville.dfont
no      Baskerville-Bold                        Baskerville
Bold                        /Library/Fonts/Baskerville.dfont
no      Baskerville-Italic                      Baskerville
Italic                      /Library/Fonts/Baskerville.dfont
no      Baskerville-BoldItalic                  Baskerville Bold
Italic                 /Library/Fonts/Baskerville.dfont
no      Baskerville-SemiBold                    Baskerville
SemiBold                    /Library/Fonts/Baskerville.dfont
no      Baskerville-SemiBoldItalic              Baskerville SemiBold
Italic             /Library/Fonts/Baskerville.dfont
no      DFKaiShu-SB-Estd-BF
BiauKai                                 /Library/Fonts/BiauKai.dfont
no      BigCaslon-Medium                        Big Caslon
Medium                       /Library/Fonts/BigCaslon.dfont
no      BrushScriptMT                           Brush Script MT
Italic                  /Library/Fonts/Brush Script.ttf
no      Chalkboard
Chalkboard                              /Library/Fonts/Chalkboard.ttf
no      Chalkboard-Bold                         Chalkboard
Bold                         /Library/Fonts/ChalkboardBold.ttf
no      CharcoalCY                              Charcoal
CY                             /Library/Fonts/CharcoalCY.dfont
no      Cochin
Cochin                                  /Library/Fonts/Cochin.dfont
no      Cochin-Bold                             Cochin
Bold                             /Library/Fonts/Cochin.dfont
no      Cochin-Italic                           Cochin
Italic                           /Library/Fonts/Cochin.dfont
no      Cochin-BoldItalic                       Cochin Bold
Italic                      /Library/Fonts/Cochin.dfont
no      ComicSansMS-Bold                        Comic Sans MS
Fett                      /Library/Fonts/Comic Sans MS Bold.ttf
no      ComicSansMS                             Comic Sans
MS                           /Library/Fonts/Comic Sans MS.ttf
no      Copperplate
Copperplate                             /Library/Fonts/Copperplate.dfont
no      Copperplate-Bold                        Copperplate
Bold                        /Library/Fonts/Copperplate.dfont
no      Copperplate-Light                       Copperplate
Light                       /Library/Fonts/Copperplate.dfont
no      CorsivaHebrew                           Corsiva
Hebrew                          /Library/Fonts/Corsiva.ttf
no      CorsivaHebrew-Bold                      Corsiva Hebrew
Bold                     /Library/Fonts/CorsivaBold.ttf
YES     CourierNewPS-BoldItalicMT               Courier New Bold
Italic                 /Library/Fonts/Courier New Bold Italic.ttf
YES     CourierNewPS-BoldMT                     Courier New
Bold                        /Library/Fonts/Courier New Bold.ttf
YES     CourierNewPS-ItalicMT                   Courier New
Italic                      /Library/Fonts/Courier New Italic.ttf
YES     CourierNewPSMT                          Courier
New                             /Library/Fonts/Courier New.ttf
no      DecoTypeNaskh                           DecoType
Naskh                          /Library/Fonts/DecoTypeNaskh.ttf
no      DevanagariMT                            Devanagari
MT                           /Library/Fonts/DevanagariMT.ttf
no      DevanagariMT-Bold                       Devanagari MT
Bold                      /Library/Fonts/DevanagariMTBold.ttf
no      Didot
Didot                                   /Library/Fonts/Didot.dfont
no      Didot-Bold                              Didot
Bold                              /Library/Fonts/Didot.dfont
no      Didot-Italic                            Didot
Italic                            /Library/Fonts/Didot.dfont
no      EuphemiaUCAS-Bold                       Euphemia UCAS
Bold                      /Library/Fonts/EuphemiaCASBold.ttf
no      EuphemiaUCAS-Italic                     Euphemia UCAS
Italic                    /Library/Fonts/EuphemiaCASItalic.ttf
no      EuphemiaUCAS                            Euphemia
UCAS                           /Library/Fonts/EuphemiaCASRegular.ttf
no      TimesUnicode                            Times
Unicode                           /Library/Fonts/Extrafonts/Times
Unicode.ttf
no      UnicodeSymbols                          Unicode
Symbols                         /Library/Fonts/Extrafonts/Unicode.otf
no      Futura-Medium                           Futura
Medium                           /Library/Fonts/Futura.dfont
no      Futura-MediumItalic                     Futura Medium
Italic                    /Library/Fonts/Futura.dfont
no      Futura-CondensedMedium                  Futura Condensed
Medium                 /Library/Fonts/Futura.dfont
no      Futura-CondensedExtraBold               Futura Condensed
ExtraBold              /Library/Fonts/Futura.dfont
no      GenevaCY                                Geneva
CY                               /Library/Fonts/GenevaCY.dfont
no      Georgia-BoldItalic                      Georgia Bold
Italic                     /Library/Fonts/Georgia Bold Italic.ttf
no      Georgia-Bold                            Georgia
Bold                            /Library/Fonts/Georgia Bold.ttf
no      Georgia-Italic                          Georgia
Italic                          /Library/Fonts/Georgia Italic.ttf
no      Georgia
Georgia                                 /Library/Fonts/Georgia.ttf
no      GillSans                                Gill
Sans                               /Library/Fonts/GillSans.dfont
no      GillSans-Bold                           Gill Sans
Bold                          /Library/Fonts/GillSans.dfont
no      GillSans-Italic                         Gill Sans
Italic                        /Library/Fonts/GillSans.dfont
no      GillSans-BoldItalic                     Gill Sans Bold
Italic                   /Library/Fonts/GillSans.dfont
no      GillSans-Light                          Gill Sans
Light                         /Library/Fonts/GillSans.dfont
no      GillSans-LightItalic                    Gill Sans Light
Italic                  /Library/Fonts/GillSans.dfont
no      GujaratiMT                              Gujarati
MT                             /Library/Fonts/GujaratiMT.ttf
no      GujaratiMT-Bold                         Gujarati MT
Bold                        /Library/Fonts/GujaratiMTBold.ttf
no      MonotypeGurmukhi                        Gurmukhi
MT                             /Library/Fonts/Gurmukhi.ttf
no      SIL-Hei-Med-Jian                        Hei
Regular                             /Library/Fonts/Hei.dfont
no      HelveticaCYPlain                        Helvetica CY
Plain                      /Library/Fonts/HelveticaCY.dfont
no      HelveticaCYBold                         Helvetica CY
Bold                       /Library/Fonts/HelveticaCY.dfont
no      HelveticaCYOblique                      Helvetica CY
Oblique                    /Library/Fonts/HelveticaCY.dfont
no      HelveticaCYBoldOblique                  Helvetica CY
BoldOblique                /Library/Fonts/HelveticaCY.dfont
no      Herculanum
Herculanum                              /Library/Fonts/Herculanum.dfont
no      HoeflerText-Regular                     Hoefler
Text                            /Library/Fonts/Hoefler Text.dfont
no      HoeflerText-Black                       Hoefler Text
Black                      /Library/Fonts/Hoefler Text.dfont
no      HoeflerText-Italic                      Hoefler Text
Italic                     /Library/Fonts/Hoefler Text.dfont
no      HoeflerText-BlackItalic                 Hoefler Text Black
Italic               /Library/Fonts/Hoefler Text.dfont
no      HoeflerText-Ornaments                   Hoefler Text
Ornaments                  /Library/Fonts/Hoefler Text.dfont
no      Impact
Impact                                  /Library/Fonts/Impact.ttf
no      InaiMathi
InaiMathi                               /Library/Fonts/InaiMathi.ttf
no      SIL-Kai-Reg-Jian                        Kai
Regular                             /Library/Fonts/Kai.dfont
no      Kailasa                                 Kailasa
Regular                         /Library/Fonts/Kailasa.ttf
no      Kokonor                                 Kokonor
Regular                         /Library/Fonts/Kokonor.ttf
no      Krungthep
Krungthep                               /Library/Fonts/Krungthep.ttf
no      KufiStandardGK
KufiStandardGK                          /Library/Fonts/
KufiStandardGK.ttf
no      MarkerFelt-Thin                         Marker Felt
Thin                        /Library/Fonts/MarkerFelt.dfont
no      MarkerFelt-Wide                         Marker Felt
Wide                        /Library/Fonts/MarkerFelt.dfont
no      MshtakanBold                            Mshtakan
Bold                           /Library/Fonts/MshtakanBold.ttf
no      MshtakanBoldOblique                     Mshtakan
BoldOblique                    /Library/Fonts/MshtakanBoldOblique.ttf
no      MshtakanOblique                         Mshtakan
Oblique                        /Library/Fonts/MshtakanOblique.ttf
no      Mshtakan
Mshtakan                                /Library/Fonts/
MshtakanRegular.ttf
no      Nadeem
Nadeem                                  /Library/Fonts/Nadeem.ttf
no      NewPeninimMT                            New Peninim
MT                          /Library/Fonts/NewPeninimMT.ttf
no      NewPeninimMT-Bold                       New Peninim MT
Bold                     /Library/Fonts/NewPeninimMTBold.ttf
no      NewPeninimMT-BoldInclined               New Peninim MT Bold
Inclined            /Library/Fonts/NewPeninimMTBoldInclined.ttf
no      NewPeninimMT-Inclined                   New Peninim MT
Inclined                 /Library/Fonts/NewPeninimMTInclined.ttf
no      Optima-ExtraBlack                       Optima
ExtraBlack                       /Library/Fonts/Optima.dfont
no      Optima-Regular                          Optima
Regular                          /Library/Fonts/Optima.dfont
no      Optima-Bold                             Optima
Bold                             /Library/Fonts/Optima.dfont
no      Optima-Italic                           Optima
Italic                           /Library/Fonts/Optima.dfont
no      Optima-BoldItalic                       Optima Bold
Italic                      /Library/Fonts/Optima.dfont
no      Osaka
Osaka                                   /Library/Fonts/Osaka.dfont
YES     Osaka-Mono                              Osaka-
Mono                              /Library/Fonts/OsakaMono.dfont
no      Papyrus
Papyrus                                 /Library/Fonts/Papyrus.dfont
no      Papyrus-Condensed                       Papyrus
Condensed                       /Library/Fonts/Papyrus.dfont
no      PlantagenetCherokee                     Plantagenet
Cherokee                    /Library/Fonts/PlantagenetCherokee.ttf
no      Raanana
Raanana                                 /Library/Fonts/Raanana.ttf
no      RaananaBold                             Raanana
Bold                            /Library/Fonts/RaananaBold.ttf
no      Sathu
Sathu                                   /Library/Fonts/Sathu.ttf
no      Silom
Silom                                   /Library/Fonts/Silom.ttf
no      Skia-Regular                            Skia
Regular                            /Library/Fonts/Skia.dfont
no      Tahoma-Bold                             Tahoma
Fett                             /Library/Fonts/Tahoma Bold.ttf
no      Tahoma
Tahoma                                  /Library/Fonts/Tahoma.ttf
no      TimesNewRomanPS-BoldItalicMT            Times New Roman Bold
Italic             /Library/Fonts/Times New Roman Bold Italic.ttf
no      TimesNewRomanPS-BoldMT                  Times New Roman
Bold                    /Library/Fonts/Times New Roman Bold.ttf
no      TimesNewRomanPS-ItalicMT                Times New Roman
Italic                  /Library/Fonts/Times New Roman Italic.ttf
no      TimesNewRomanPSMT                       Times New
Roman                         /Library/Fonts/Times New Roman.ttf
no      Trebuchet-BoldItalic                    Trebuchet MS Bold
Italic                /Library/Fonts/Trebuchet MS Bold Italic.ttf
no      TrebuchetMS-Bold                        Trebuchet MS
Bold                       /Library/Fonts/Trebuchet MS Bold.ttf
no      TrebuchetMS-Italic                      Trebuchet MS
Italic                     /Library/Fonts/Trebuchet MS Italic.ttf
no      TrebuchetMS                             Trebuchet
MS                            /Library/Fonts/Trebuchet MS.ttf
no      Verdana-BoldItalic                      Verdana Bold
Italic                     /Library/Fonts/Verdana Bold Italic.ttf
no      Verdana-Bold                            Verdana
Bold                            /Library/Fonts/Verdana Bold.ttf
no      Verdana-Italic                          Verdana
Italic                          /Library/Fonts/Verdana Italic.ttf
no      Verdana
Verdana                                 /Library/Fonts/Verdana.ttf
no      Webdings
Webdings                                /Library/Fonts/Webdings.ttf
no      Wingdings2                              Wingdings
2                             /Library/Fonts/Wingdings 2.ttf
no      Wingdings3                              Wingdings
3                             /Library/Fonts/Wingdings 3.ttf
no      Wingdings-Regular
Wingdings                               /Library/Fonts/Wingdings.ttf
no      Zapfino
Zapfino                                 /Library/Fonts/Zapfino.dfont
no      HiraMaruPro-W4                          Hiragino Maru Gothic
Pro W4             /Library/Fonts/ヒラギノ丸ゴ Pro W4.otf
no      HiraMaruProN-W4                         Hiragino Maru Gothic
ProN W4            /Library/Fonts/ヒラギノ丸ゴ ProN W4.otf
no      HiraMinPro-W3                           Hiragino Mincho Pro
W3                  /Library/Fonts/ヒラギノ明朝 Pro W3.otf
no      HiraMinPro-W6                           Hiragino Mincho Pro
W6                  /Library/Fonts/ヒラギノ明朝 Pro W6.otf
no      HiraKakuPro-W3                          Hiragino Kaku Gothic
Pro W3             /Library/Fonts/ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W3.otf
no      HiraKakuPro-W6                          Hiragino Kaku Gothic
Pro W6             /Library/Fonts/ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W6.otf
no      HiraKakuStd-W8                          Hiragino Kaku Gothic
Std W8             /Library/Fonts/ヒラギノ角ゴ Std W8.otf
no      HiraKakuStdN-W8                         Hiragino Kaku Gothic
StdN W8            /Library/Fonts/ヒラギノ角ゴ StdN W8.otf
no      LiSongPro                               LiSong
Pro                              /Library/Fonts/儷宋 Pro.ttf
no      STFangsong
STFangsong                              /Library/Fonts/华文仿宋.ttf
no      STSong
STSong                                  /Library/Fonts/华文宋体.ttf
no      STKaiti
STKaiti                                 /Library/Fonts/华文楷体.ttf
no      AppleBraille-Outline6Dot                Apple Braille Outline
6 Dot             /System/Library/Fonts/Apple Braille Outline 6 Dot.ttf
no      AppleBraille-Outline8Dot                Apple Braille Outline
8 Dot             /System/Library/Fonts/Apple Braille Outline 8 Dot.ttf
no      AppleBraille-Pinpoint6Dot               Apple Braille Pinpoint
6 Dot            /System/Library/Fonts/Apple Braille Pinpoint 6 Dot.ttf
no      AppleBraille-Pinpoint8Dot               Apple Braille Pinpoint
8 Dot            /System/Library/Fonts/Apple Braille Pinpoint 8 Dot.ttf
no      AppleBraille                            Apple
Braille                           /System/Library/Fonts/Apple
Braille.ttf
no      AppleSymbols                            Apple
Symbols                           /System/Library/Fonts/Apple
Symbols.ttf
no      AppleGothic                             AppleGothic
Regular                     /System/Library/Fonts/AppleGothic.ttf
YES     AquaKana-Bold                           AquaKana-
Bold                           /System/Library/Fonts/AquaKanaBold.otf
YES     AquaKana
AquaKana                                /System/Library/Fonts/
AquaKanaRegular.otf
YES     Courier
Courier                                 /System/Library/Fonts/
Courier.dfont
YES     Courier-Bold                            Courier
Fett                            /System/Library/Fonts/Courier.dfont
YES     Courier-Oblique                         Courier
Oblique                         /System/Library/Fonts/Courier.dfont
YES     Courier-BoldOblique                     Courier Bold
Oblique                    /System/Library/Fonts/Courier.dfont
no      GeezaPro-Bold                           Geeza Pro
Bold                          /System/Library/Fonts/Geeza Pro Bold.ttf
no      GeezaPro                                Geeza
Pro                               /System/Library/Fonts/Geeza Pro.ttf
no      Geneva
Geneva                                  /System/Library/Fonts/
Geneva.dfont
no      Helvetica
Helvetica                               /System/Library/Fonts/
Helvetica.dfont
no      Helvetica-Bold                          Helvetica
Fett                          /System/Library/Fonts/Helvetica.dfont
no      Helvetica-Oblique                       Helvetica
Oblique                       /System/Library/Fonts/Helvetica.dfont
no      Helvetica-BoldOblique                   Helvetica Bold
Oblique                  /System/Library/Fonts/Helvetica.dfont
no      HelveticaNeue                           Helvetica
Neue                          /System/Library/Fonts/HelveticaNeue.dfont
no      HelveticaNeue-Bold                      Helvetica Neue
Bold                     /System/Library/Fonts/HelveticaNeue.dfont
no      HelveticaNeue-Italic                    Helvetica Neue
Italic                   /System/Library/Fonts/HelveticaNeue.dfont
no      HelveticaNeue-BoldItalic                Helvetica Neue Bold
Italic              /System/Library/Fonts/HelveticaNeue.dfont
no      HelveticaNeue-CondensedBold             Helvetica Neue
Condensed Bold           /System/Library/Fonts/HelveticaNeue.dfont
no      HelveticaNeue-UltraLight                Helvetica Neue
UltraLight               /System/Library/Fonts/HelveticaNeue.dfont
no      HelveticaNeue-UltraLightItalic          Helvetica Neue
UltraLight Italic        /System/Library/Fonts/HelveticaNeue.dfont
no      HelveticaNeue-Light                     Helvetica Neue
Light                    /System/Library/Fonts/HelveticaNeue.dfont
no      HelveticaNeue-LightItalic               Helvetica Neue Light
Italic             /System/Library/Fonts/HelveticaNeue.dfont
no      HelveticaNeue-CondensedBlack            Helvetica Neue
Condensed Black          /System/Library/Fonts/HelveticaNeue.dfont
no      LucidaGrande                            Lucida
Grande                           /System/Library/Fonts/
LucidaGrande.dfont
no      LucidaGrande-Bold                       Lucida Grande
Bold                      /System/Library/Fonts/LucidaGrande.dfont
YES     Monaco
Monaco                                  /System/Library/Fonts/
Monaco.dfont
no      Symbol
Symbol                                  /System/Library/Fonts/
Symbol.dfont
no      Thonburi
Thonburi                                /System/Library/Fonts/
Thonburi.ttf
no      Thonburi-Bold                           Thonburi
Fett                           /System/Library/Fonts/ThonburiBold.ttf
no      Times-Roman                             Times
Roman                             /System/Library/Fonts/Times.dfont
no      Times-Bold                              Times
Fett                              /System/Library/Fonts/Times.dfont
no      Times-Italic                            Times
Kursiv                            /System/Library/Fonts/Times.dfont
no      Times-BoldItalic                        Times Fett
Kursiv                       /System/Library/Fonts/Times.dfont
no      ZapfDingbatsITC                         Zapf
Dingbats                           /System/Library/Fonts/
ZapfDingbats.dfont
no      HiraMinProN-W3                          HiraMinProN-
W3                          /System/Library/Fonts/ヒラギノ明朝
ProN W3.otf
no      HiraMinProN-W6                          HiraMinProN-
W6                          /System/Library/Fonts/ヒラギノ明朝
ProN W6.otf
no      HiraKakuProN-W3                         HiraKakuProN-
W3                         /System/Library/Fonts/ヒラギノ角ゴ
ProN W3.otf
no      HiraKakuProN-W6                         HiraKakuProN-
W6                         /System/Library/Fonts/ヒラギノ角ゴ
ProN W6.otf
no      LiHeiPro                                LiHei
Pro                               /System/Library/Fonts/儷黑 Pro.ttf
no      STXihei
STXihei                                 /System/Library/Fonts/华文细
黑.ttf
no      STHeiti
STHeiti                                 /System/Library/Fonts/华文黑
体.ttf

--
Greetings

   Pete

No man was ever taken to hell by a woman unless he already had a
ticket in his pocket, or at least had been fooling around with
timetables.
				– Archie Goodwin