[OS X TeX] LatexIt Linkback with Keynote

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Sat Feb 19 03:07:53 CET 2011

On Feb 18, 2011, at 11:34 , Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Feb 18, 2011, at 1:19 PM, Hen wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to be able to modify directly inside Keynote equations that I
>> created with LatexIt.
>>
>> It seems there is a way to do that by adding a LinkBack plugin to Keynote.
>>
>> I did install that plugin (for my version, Keynote 4) but nothing appeared
>> in the "Edit" menu even after closing and restarting the application
>>
>> I have read that one needs to "logout an login back again" for the plugin to
>> be ready but I don't know what it means. Login and logout of what??? How?
>>
>> Any idea?
>>
>> Thanks
>
> Howdy,
>
> Sounds like you have your system set up to boot directly into your ``account.''
>
> In your case you can just reboot. Alternatively, assuming you remember your admin password, you can logout (Apple Menu-> Logout (your user name)). This will bring up a login window where you enter your short user name and then your admin password.

Strictly speaking, I don't think 'admin' is required.  Any user can log out and back in (using Herb's prescription).

Also, in recent versions of Mac OS X, I believe you see full names of all users of the system (and no place to enter the short name).  Select one, and you get a password dialog.  This may be a function of settings in System Prefs (it's been a while).

HTH

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon at Large