[OS X TeX] Special math font in Latexit

Hen lhuissierh at crans.org
Fri Feb 18 20:02:40 CET 2011

Hi,

I would like to use a special math police in LatexIt to add my equations in
a Keynote presentation. I used the "mathpazo" package and a personal police.

When I use beamer document class the equations are exactly as I want. Here
is a working example:

%!TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode
\documentclass[compress]{beamer}
\usepackage{zefonts}\usepackage{ucs}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}\usepackage[english, french]{babel}
\usepackage{mathpazo} %  police math
\usepackage[LY1]{fontenc}\usepackage{myfontdeclarationpackage}
\renewcommand{\sfdefault}{myfontname}
\begin{document}
     An equation $ a  = \lim\limits_{x \to 0} \prod_{1}^{2} 2 x^{3}$
\end{document}

But when I use the same declarations with article class (ie I ONLY replace
"beamer" by "article") or LatexIt, the mathpazo symbols are still ok but my
special math font is replaced by the standard math font.

Any idea why things work without doing any thing with beamer and not with
article/Latexit?

A last remark. I already considered to use \DeclareMathAlphabet and
\DeclareSymbolFont commands but I had a problem since my special font do not
have all alphabetical symbols (greek letters are missing for instance).

Thanks