[OS X TeX] Re: Installing unstable packages

Theo Moore tsg.moore at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 17 21:05:50 CET 2011

Alan, Pete,

Thank you for your help. I might have a go at what you've suggested.
Or maybe it won't be so problematic just to use the unstable version
all the time. Can you answer my second question? It has to do with how
we can uninstall the old pgfplots and install the newer one (or how we
can overwrite, or whatever). I'm sorry, but my experience with tlmgr
is rather limited to just installing new packages. Here is the
question again.

[2] Where should the package be installed? There were a couple paths
suggested in (http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-users@lists.lyx.org/msg67001.html),
and it seems most of them will work equally. However, I know I have
the older pgfplots package: what should I be doing to avoid conflicts?

Thanks!