[OS X TeX] Texshop Find All

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Wed Feb 16 01:58:25 CET 2011

On Feb 15, 2011, at 4:20 PM, Themis Matsoukas wrote:

> On Feb 15, 2011, at 5:26 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>
>> Not quite sure what you'd save.
>
> I would save the output of find all:
> <Screen shot 2011-02-15 at 6.14.10 PM.png>
>
> In this case, I had a messy folder with zillions of files and wanted to pull out those figures that were actually used in a manuscript. However, when I go to the finder, the ogrekit window disappears from view (even though other texshop windows are visible), so I have to memorize the name of the file, go to the finder, locate it among files with similar names, and so on.
>
> I guess it is not doable...
>
> Thanks
>
> Themis

If this is a one-time need, then it's easiest to use grep, as in

grep '\\includegraphics' filename.tex

If it's something you would use frequently, you could define a macro somewhat along the lines of 'Show Files' but easier, with a 'do shell script("/usr/bin/grep ...), grabbing the search term, properly escaped, from the clipboard and the current filename from #FILEPATH#, and sending the output to a new TeXShop window.

Michael