[OS X TeX] Two questions - TeXShop searching the preview and grep

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Feb 15 02:33:53 CET 2011

On Feb 13, 2011, at 11:51 PM, Alan T Litchfield wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> In referring to TeXShop, maybe it has always done it or not, but the Find function does not work in the preview. Correct? If so, can it be made to do so? Is there a setting I can change to make it search if not already a default setting?
>
> And again in TeXShop. Grep appears to exist and a style for searching but does not descend into a file hierarchy. Can TeXShop be made to follow included or inputted files from a project root file when a grep search is invoked (or any other search style for that matter)?
>
> Thanks
> Alan

Howdy,

It would be nice but that is correct. However, there is a separate Find function in the Preview window. You get to it by opening the side panel (the little ``picture'' icon on the toolbar).

A recursive grep would have to ``know'' (La)TeX and I'm afraid the Apple and OgreKit Find Panels aren't that smart.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)