[OS X TeX] LaTeX for Windows

Charlie Ros5e vonHellberg at Wispertel.net
Thu Feb 10 22:36:50 CET 2011

I don't know anything about hijacking another thread. When I composed my question, I clicked my mail program's "Reply" button to get a new message with the   macosx-tex at email.esm.psu.edu   address already in the To: field. I then changed the Subject: field, erased the body of the old message, replaced it with my own, and sent it out. If that wasn't enough to start a new thread, then I don't know how this system works, and I apologize for unwittingly producing a problem.

I do appreciate the information supplied by those who responded to my question. Thank you!

On 2011 Feb 10, at 19:43 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Feb 10, 2011, at 11:38 AM, Charlie Ros5e wrote:
>

>> Gentlefolk,
>>
>> I'm a fairly long–time TexShop user, but I have a friend in Deutschland who is considering setting LaTeX up on her Windows machine.
>>
>> Does anyone have any recommendations for a good LaTeX PC installation ... preferably free? 'Twould be greatly appreciated.
>
> Howdy,
>
> I know little about Windows but the two free TeX Distributions I know of are MikTeX and TeX Live. I have no idea which one might be preferable if any.
>
> PS: Is there some reason you hijacked another thread rather than starting a new thread?
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

> List Reminders and Etiquette: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/