[OS X TeX] Biber 0.7.4 with biblatex 1.1b

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Feb 7 13:50:58 CET 2011

On Feb 7, 2011, at 5:22 AM, Rolf Schmolling wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I installed biber via the hint of Joseph Wright (http://www.texdev.net/tag/tex-live/ ) with tlmgr. How would I find out which binaries I have installed? And - if necessary – how would I update such an – existing – installation with newer binaries?
>
> I expect them to show to show up in the ctan/tlmgr-system at a certain point.
>
> (Note: I am able to copy/paste in Terminal but that's about it…)
>
> Best regards,
>
> Rolf

Howdy,

In Terminal run the command

biber --version

and it will tell you the version that is executing.

At least right now there is no universal-darwin (32bit ppc/intel) version of biber so it's Snow Leopard only (well... it may run on Core 2 Duo or fancier (i.e., 64 bit capable) Mac under Leopard depending upon how it was compiled --- but I doubt it).

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)