[OS X TeX] Uninstalling an earlier installation

Eric Weir eeweir at bellsouth.net
Wed Dec 28 22:09:02 CET 2011

On Dec 28, 2011, at 1:15 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> That's strange!? I thought the MacTeX installer creates a dummy /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local tree (with some internal structure?) if one isn't already there.

It's conceivable that I deleted it when I "uninstalled" the 2010 distribution. But if it's supposed to be where Gerrit said it is--on the same level as the distribution for the year--I doubt it. I believe all I did was delete the 2010 folder.

My be strange, but am I correct in understanding that it's absence--or its presence as a single folder with no subordinate structure--is not a reason to be concerned?

Eric Weir

"With an ounce of willingness, everything can change."

- Kim