[OS X TeX] Embedding Fonts

Bridget Kane kaneb at tcd.ie
Wed Dec 14 17:36:30 CET 2011

Hi again and thanks Pete,
to answers your questions:

>> How do I know if my fonts are properly embedded?
>
> How do you produce the output you submit to others? This could help to find an answer for your other question.
I have the Typesetting options in TeXShop to
Default Command is LaTeX
Default Script is Tex+DVI

>> And is there any way that I can ensure that they are embedded properly?
>

> It might also help if you could cite the trouble reported to you. Which fonts are you using in your documents? Do you tools around to determine which fonts are contained in your TeX output?
My most recent experience was with ACM. (In the past I have had the IEEE problem). I submitted files as follows: a .tex file and .pdf and also a .ps file that I generated in TexMaker. (The submission system had asked for all 3 file types.) The message I received back from ACM read:

>>> We distilled your PS file because ALL the fonts were not embedded in the submitted pdf or we received font display errors when previewing your pdf

I don't really understand what all that means - I normally just use TeXShop.

If I can learn from this experience, I'd appreciate it.

Bridget