[OS X TeX] Suddenly, I'm Italian

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Fri Dec 2 01:02:42 CET 2011

Hi, Herb,

On Dec 1, 2011, at 15:46 , Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Dec 1, 2011, at 5:25 PM, Justin C. Walker wrote:

>> and I typed, again, "definitESC".  This time, I got a list of Italian words (including "definizione", which would have been OK in another time and place).  Retrying previously successful completions left me at the mercy of the Italian dictionary.
[snip]
> Looks like you are using a combination of TeXShop's Command Completion (e.g., \be+TAB --- you appear to have set TAB as the trigger) and Apple's Completion (e.g., definit+ESC). Here's what you should do and you should be happier too: \be+TAB to get \begin{; definit+ESC and choose definition; close the } and then press TAB again and you should get \end{definition} so you have nothing to add.

Thanks for the details; that will smooth my workflow a bit.  Always happy to learn a few new keystrokes.

However, that still leaves me with the unanswered question of why TeXShop suddenly started thinking I am Italian.

Any clues on that?

FWIW, after about 10 minutes, TeXShop admitted defeat and started using a more appropriate dictionary.

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large
Institute for the Enhancement of the Director's Income