[OS X TeX] modify @incollection type

Stephen Hansen s.e.k.hansen at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 20:23:49 CEST 2011

I am trying to use bibtex to create a reference to an article within a book, and I would like the reference to include the book's author rather than its editor.

More specifically, I'd like the reference to begin with the following structure.
Articleauthor, 'Articletitle,' in Bookauthor, Booktitle. xxx

I have tried using the incollection type within BibDesk, and playing around with bibliography styles (I use natbib, and have used the associated styles), but whenever I introduce Bookauthor into the editor field, it always appends something like "editor" or "(ed.)" to Bookauthor.

Does anybody have any ideas on how to address this issue?

Thank you!