[OS X TeX] TeX Live Utility + problem with package updates

William Slough wslough at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 04:36:30 CEST 2011

I'm trying to get the 2011 TeX Live up and running and there is a
peculiar thing happening.  After a successful installation of MacTeX,
I ran the TeX Live Utility, then updated both it and the many packages
it offered.  After these updates, fmtutil encounters serious errors.
The root cause appears to be that it can't find a hyphenation file:

Local configuration file hyphen.cfg used
(/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/tex/generic/babel/hyphen.cfg
(/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf/tex/generic/hyphen/hyphen.tex)
(/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf/tex/generic/hyphen/dumyhyph.tex)
(/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf/tex/generic/hyphen/zerohyph.tex)
! I can't find file `dehypht-x-2009-06-19.tex'.

Is this a problem others have seen?

Any help or pointers would be most appreciated.  Thanks...

Bill Slough