[OS X TeX] OT: bogus Snow Leopard file over-writing warning

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Wed Aug 3 20:27:45 CEST 2011

Tried to copy a file from a DVD over onto a network drive.

Got this in a dialog box:

``You can’t copy some of these items because their names are the same as other items on the destination volume, and that volume doesn’t distinguish between upper- and lowercase letters in filenames. Do you want to skip these items and continue copying the other items?''
[Stop] [Skip]

I could understand if I was dragging over multiple files --- but one? I think one can reasonably assume that a user dragging a single file will understand what they're doing.

It's times like this that I _really_ miss NeXTstep and it's ``Unix Expert'' checkbox and the level of respect for the user which that entailed.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer