[OS X TeX] Latex Editor review!

Art Werschulz agw at comcast.net
Fri Apr 29 23:07:39 CEST 2011

Hi.

Since I work on both Linux and Mac platforms, I've been using emacs+AUCTeX for awhile now.  I'm pretty happy with same.

Come to think of it, I've been using TeX+emacs in a Unix environment back since 1982 or thereabouts, so maybe this is laziness on my part.  Back then, I was using a Sun workstation, along with VORTeX (Visually-Oriented TeX, a UCBerkeley CS project...Pehong Chen, one of the VORTeX people, is the author of makeindex).  I'm pretty sure that at least one of my colleagues is still using the VORTeX emacs lisp macros, but they're *really* old, and non-maintained.

Art Werschulz (8-{)}   "Metaphors be with you."  -- bumper sticker
GCS/M (GAT): d? -p+ c++ l u+(-) e--- m* s n+ h f g+ w+ t++ r- y?
Internet: agw STRUDEL comcast.net