[OS X TeX] Using align with "or"

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 16:35:48 CEST 2011

On Apr 18, 2011, at 2:40 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Usually for amsmath I just look at the built-in doc from TeX Live,
> which can be accessed through several ways: Cmd-Alt-I then
> "amsmath" in TeXShop,

(1) I wasn't even aware of that!!!!!  This list does encourage sloth.

(2) I tried Cmd-Option-I (I got no Alt key) and it sure did offer to
find a package but when I typed mathmode, the dialog box went away
without anything else happening. It seems to be it ought to have told
me "Bad Luck" or "Nothing doing" or "Tough ..." orwhatever. (I am
running 2.38) But it worked with amsmath.

> "texdoc amsmamth" in Terminal, or /Library/TeX/Documentation/texmf-
> dist-doc/latex/amsmath/amsldoc.pdf in the Finder.

I truly hate the search facility in Finder: In Tiger, you have to
specify each time that you want to search only file name and most of
the time I can't figure out how to do that.

> It's still mentioning alignat, though given what Ross pointed out
> I'm wondering now what this brings that align doesn't.

There is indeed nothing that align doesn't do!

Best regards
--schremmer