[OS X TeX] beameruserguide

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Thu Sep 30 16:22:40 CEST 2010

On 30/09/10 01:58, Dr. Clea F. Rees wrote:
> I was using beamer in a major way for the first time since updating  o
> TL 2010 and discovered that beameruserguide.pdf no longer includes an
> index. Looking at the source, it seems that an index should be built so
> I copied the contents of the doc directory to /tmp and tried running
> make. This fails, however, because make looks for files concerning
> themes which it cannot find and which do not, in fact, seem to exist on
> my system (locate cannot find hem).

You were probably looking for beamerugthemeAnnArbor.pdf or similar. This
will be made by make, too, if the right style file is found.
The Makefile has a relative path which will be wrong for your situation.
I see here "../themes/theme/beamertheme%.sty". Find the "themes"
directory that contains theme/beamerthemeAnnArbor.sty and make a symlink
to it on the level of the "doc" directory (tricky if you copied the
*contents* of doc to /tmp; easier if you copied the doc directory itself).

> Fortunately, I still have TL 2009 but can anybody tell me how I can
> build the documentation to include the index? Since the manual is 40
> pages I rely rather heavily on this feature. (In effect, the manual is
> almost useless to me without it although I'm sure it makes a good read.)

You mean 240 pages, right?

--
Martin