[OS X TeX] TexShop preview is blank since last update

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Sep 21 04:32:13 CEST 2010

On Sep 20, 2010, at 6:21 PM, Alan Litchfield wrote:

> Hi Herb,
>
> Herbert Schulz wrote:

>>> Not sure what you mean. In the two cases mentioned above, both have includes
>>> - is that what you mean by ``distributed''?
>>>

>> Howdy,
>>
>> That's what I mean.
>>
>> How are you handling working on only one ``chapter'' (i.e., one included file)
>> at a time? Are you using \includeonly or just commenting out \include's?
>>

> For the chapter proofing I am using a different header file that excludes all
> the front matter and associated bumph in the whole publication and then
> commenting out those chapters not included.
>
> \include{theChapterDirectory/theChapter}
>
> So there are two header files: one for the book and one for the proofs. The
> proofing header is in the top directory along with the whole book header.
>
> Cheers
> Alan

Howdy,

``Commenting out'' included chapters can lead to trouble. You really should \include all of the chapters and then use an \includeonly{...} in the preamble. First compile with all the chapters present and then, without removing aux files, etc., put in the \includeonly{...}. That way cross-references, etc., still work properly. Don't know if that is part of your problem or not.

How are you compiling the document? Are you using pdflatex, pdflatexmk, etc?

Just trying to get things straight in my mind.

Is it possible to create a minimal but compilable document that shows this behavior?

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)