[OS X TeX] Question about the date of files used

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Sat Sep 18 07:57:01 CEST 2010

On 18/09/2010 06:50, R Martinez wrote:
> All,
>
> I am using the MacTeX distribution obtained from TeXlive 2009.
>
> Everything works fine. My question has to do with the dates of the files used.
>
> Upon typesetting my document, the console returns (partially of course) the messages shown below after my signature.
>
> Note that everything comes from texlive/2009, with two exceptions: the line for the document class shows 2007 as the year, and, farther down, the line for the MPS to PDF converter has a version from 2006. Can anyone explain why this is so?
>
> Document Class: article 2007/10/19 v1.4h Standard LaTeX document class
> ----------
>
> I will be downloading texlive 2010 soon. I just want to understand better what I have and what I will be getting.
>
> TIA.
>
> Raul Martinez

You are comparing different things. All of the 'texlive/2009' entries
are file locations. As you are using TeX Live 2009, all of the files
live inside that folder. On the other hand, the lines

   Document Class: article 2007/10/19 v1.4h Standard LaTeX document class

are version numbers/dates. So the standard article class has not changed
since 2007, but the file location is

   /usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/article.cls

and for TeX Live 2010 will be

   /usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/article.cls

There is nothing to worry about.
--
Joseph Wright