[OS X TeX] beamer

Alan Munn amunn at gmx.com
Fri Sep 17 18:33:56 CEST 2010

On Sep 17, 2010, at 11:38 AM, M. Tamer Özsu wrote:

> Is beamer installed automatically with MacTex 2010? I have beamer
> version 3.07 in my own texmf directory, but I am getting a weird
> error that my student is not getting in his installation. I can
> track possible version difference issues, but I first wanted to
> check if I even need to have beamer in my own texmf directory.

Yes, Beamer is part of TL 2010, and contains v3.10, so your 3.07 is
out of date.

(You can easily check for the presence of a package or class in TL
using the locate command in terminal).

locate beamer.cls

returns:

/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/latex/beamer/beamer.cls
/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/latex/beamer-FUBerlin/
FUbeamer.cls

(the second line isn't particularly relevant, but the first tells you
that beamer.cls is part of TL 2010.)

Alan

--
Alan Munn