[OS X TeX] omit red circle in TexShop preview

Jan Hegewald hegewald at irmb.tu-bs.de
Fri Sep 17 11:05:15 CEST 2010

Hi Claus,

On 16.09.2010, at 15:15, Claus Gerhardt wrote:

> There is a macro of mine, refreshpdf, which does the job.
>
> Claus
>
> --Applescript
> -- Apply only to an already saved file.
> -- Claus Gerhardt, Nov. 2003
>
> set scriptPath to (do shell script "dirname " & "~/Library/TeXShop/Scripts/ex")
> set scriptPath to scriptPath & "/setname.scpt"
> set scriptName to POSIX file scriptPath as alias
> set scriptLiB to (load script scriptName)
> tell scriptLib
> set frontName to setname(#NAMEPATH#,#TEXPATH#)
> end tell
>

> tell document frontName of application "TeXShop"
> 	refreshpdf
> end tell

thanks for sharing this. It is working fine here. I am curious: why don´t you just do something like the following

--Applescript
set frontName to do shell script "basename " & #TEXPATH#
tell document frontName of application "TeXShop"
	refreshpdf
end tell

I have never done any scripting on TeXShop, so I guess thee are some pitfalls your script avoids, which the short version does not?

Best,
-- Jan