[OS X TeX] TeXShop balance begin/end

Nestor Aguilera aguilera at santafe-conicet.gov.ar
Wed Sep 15 20:44:56 CEST 2010

El Mie, 15 de Septiembre de 2010, 14:28, Herbert Schulz escribió:

> On Sep 15, 2010, at 9:34 AM, Nestor Aguilera wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Does the TeXShop editor have a command for balancing begin/end pairs (in
>> the source file)?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Nestor

> Howdy,
>
> Do you mean that it inserts matched pairs when you press the opening
> delimiter; e.g., you press { and you get {} with any selection and the
> insertion point between them?
[...]
> If you mean matching the delimiters as they are created, e.g., when you
> press the closing delimiter it flashes back to the matching starting
> delimiter, make sure TeXshop->Preferences->Source->Parens Matching is
> checked.
[...]

No, I don't have problems with that. Rather I was wondering if there is a
method for selecting anything between matching begin/end pairs, e.g.,
given

\begin{enumerate}
\item one
\begin{itemize}
\item two
\end{itemize}
\end{enumerate}

I would like to select anything between \begin{itemize} - \end{itemize} or
between \begin{enumerate} - \end{enumerate}.

Thanks,

Nestor