[OS X TeX] biber and bibtex8 engines

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Tue Sep 14 14:22:54 CEST 2010

On 14.09.2010, at 14:19, Herbert Schulz wrote:

>> It was exactly for tools like latexmk that Philipp Lehman, the author of biblatex, has written the logreq package (see https://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/biblatex/index.php?title=Workflow_Automation for some explanation). So it actually shouldn't be too difficult to support it.
>
> Howdy,
>
> I don't think latexmk looks for or reads that xml file so would have to change to get that done.

Of course, latexmk must be adapated. But it must be adapted anyway, and now there is a clean, documented way how to interact with biber (and potentially other external tools).

>>> By the way, I've tried to compile the latest version of biber and was unsuccessful. It's complains that I have to remove or replace something and I'm not sure what. I suspect that there is some library that has been updated but know little about dealing with it.
>>
>> Check out the new precompiled biber packages here: After reading the README file, installing should be really easy.
>>
>> Simon
>
> Ummm... where is ``here:''? :-)

Here is here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/biblatex-biber/files_beta/biblatex-biber/0.5.5/binaries/ :)

Simon

--
Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 60 39

http://www.simifilm.ch

„I'm not that easy to impress. – O, a blue car!“ Homer Simpson