[OS X TeX] Installing Asymptote

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Tue Sep 14 13:17:04 CEST 2010

On Sep 13, 2010, at 11:55 PM, Richard Koch wrote:

> The email thread continued with a suggestion by Herb Schulz to use latexmk with
> Asymptote, and a remark by William Adams that latexmk worked. If you use Latexmk rather than this
> Asymptote engine, Asymptote will not reprocess images when the document is
> typeset again, unless the image changes.

I'm not 100% certain that latexmk always finds the changes in the .asy files.

Also, I'd like to suggest two different Asymptote engines:

 - one which processes Asymptote files embedded in .tex files (the current one)
 - another which directly processes .asy files

Or could they be merged? The Asymptote engine checks the current filename's extension --- if it's .asy it only processes the .asy, if .tex, then it acts as it currently does.

Or am I the only person in the world who has to iterate and experiment w/ such drawings?

William

(who was gotten the bulk of the arrow spine dial face drawn up, now just needs to make it look nice and be flexible)

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer