[OS X TeX] OT: A favour --- formula names for beam deflection and movement of a dial?

Ralph Martin Ralph.Martin at cs.cardiff.ac.uk
Sun Sep 5 20:54:13 CEST 2010

On 5 Sep 2010, at 1:22:41PM, William Adams wrote:

> I've taken up archery and am building an arrow spine tester (a tool for determining the stiffness of an arrow shaft).
>
> I'm drawing up the dial and need to show how much one end of a lever moves when the other end is depressed.
>
> I've been drawing it up, but wanted to check it mathematically. I saw the formulas cited online once but can't find them now. Could someone clue me in?

I believe this gives the information you want.

http://www.engineersedge.com/beam_bending/beam_bending9.htm

Best wishes

Ralph
--
Prof Ralph Martin                          Phone: +44(0)29 2087 5536
Computer Science & Informatics             Fax:   +44(0)29 2087 4598
Cardiff University                   Email: mailto:ralph at cs.cf.ac.uk
5 The Parade, Roath                  WWW:  http://ralph.cs.cf.ac.uk/
Cardiff, CF24 3AA, UK     VOIP: sip:17476235487 at proxy01.sipphone.com