[OS X TeX] OT: A favour --- formula names for beam deflection and movement of a dial?

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Sun Sep 5 14:22:41 CEST 2010

I've taken up archery and am building an arrow spine tester (a tool for
determining the stiffness of an arrow shaft).

I'm drawing up the dial and need to show how much one end of a lever moves
when the other end is depressed.

I've been drawing it up, but wanted to check it mathematically. I saw the
formulas cited online once but can't find them now. Could someone clue me
in?

If I had the formulas, would Asymptote be able to draw this for me?

Thanks!

William