[OS X TeX] Placing of .bib files

David Cross d.cross at tcu.edu
Fri Oct 22 20:46:38 CEST 2010

Here is a different kind of "answer" to your question: I put all of my
articles (in pdf format) in one folder, along with my .bib files.
This makes it easy to manage the BibTeX database, and also to
"include" one or more .bib files in a LaTeX document.  Here is the
code from one of my current documents:

\begin{document}
\nobibliography{/Users/drc/Documents/Papers/icd,/Users/drc/Documents/
Papers/DoS}
\maketitle

Hope this helps.

Cheers