[OS X TeX] Using LaTexIt with TeXShop

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Oct 15 16:30:50 CEST 2010

On Oct 15, 2010, at 9:11 AM, Genevieve Brown wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestions. I checked LaTeXIt by itself, and made sure
> that the configurations exactly match the ones in your .pdf file.  (I
> am running MacTeX).  It seems to be generating equations ok that way.
>
> But when I try to compose an email and click the LaTeXIt button, it's
> almost like the "run report" never completes.  I tried removing the
> double dollar signs around the expression, but that didn't help.  I do
> have ImageMagick, so that shouldn't be an issue.  Maybe the problem is
> that I manually specified the 3 paths to the latex executable, dvips
> executable, and convert executable within Thunderbird and got them
> wrong?  (Attached .pdf files to demonstrate).
>
> Thoughts?
> <RunReport.pdf><AutodetectionResults.pdf>----------- Please Consult the Following Before Posting -

Howdy,

Well, ``Latex it!'' does not appear to be running LaTeXiT but rather it's own thing. Also, are you really using MacTeX from 2007?

It may be wise to change those paths for latex and dvips to

/usr/texbin/latex

and

/usr/texbin/dvips

(I can't see the end of path in the enclosed graphic --- is it really trying to run tex or should it be latex and does the and of the path given contain the program or is it just the path to the program?) Also, should you be using a displayed equation or an in-line equation. Since I don't use Thunderbird I have no idea what that extension wants and is trying to do.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)