[OS X TeX] Announce: TeXShop Tips & Tricks. UPDATE!

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Oct 10 15:00:14 CEST 2010

On Oct 10, 2010, at 7:07 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Oct 10, 2010, at 6:26 AM, Axel Kielhorn wrote:
>

>> Am 08.10.2010 um 15:59 schrieb Herbert Schulz:
>>
>>> I've also updated the Document with some wording changes as well as a small sub-section about how deal with the Command Completion examples not working properly.
>>>
>>> Please let me know of any problems you encounter if you try out those examples.
>>
>> As a long time TeXShop user I learned a few things:
>>
>> You can assign keyboard shortcuts to an arbitrary program.
>>

> Howdy,
>
> Exactly what I was hoping would be the case! :-) Glad you got something out of it.
>
>> There is a difference between \texttt{template} and \texttt{stationery}.
>> In fact, all my templates are really stationeries, I have moved them and added a comment file each.
>>
>> (Some of the "More" templates are actually stationeries as well.)
>>
>> When I click on the stationery in the Library folder, I can edit it. No special edit stationary command needed.
>>
>> (I already learned about command completion a few month ago.)
>>
>> Axel
>
> All of my personal templates are really stationery too. I have them in both places because my fingers are sometimes faster than my brain. :-)
>
> I may be updating the document soon. I've been working on a short addition on setting up long documents with root files using \include commands. Nothing extensive but enough to get things going. (And I'll put in a version number and date too.)
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

Howdy,

OK. I just updated the ``TeXShop Tips & Tricks'' document which is now at version 0.1 dated 2010/20/20. There are a few wording changes and one additional sub-section about large documents and setting up root and subsidiary files so that TeXShop ``knows'' what file to compile and also allow for proper Source<->PDF synchronization.

It's available as TeXShopTricks.pdf.zip at <http://public.me.com/herbs2>.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)