[OS X TeX] Announce: TeXShop Tips & Tricks. UPDATE!

Joshua Smith jhs0807 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 17:08:10 CEST 2010

On Oct 8, 2010, at 9:59 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I've just been notified that homepage.mac.com is finally going away
> in early November. You can get the TeXShopTips.pdf.zip file from <https://public.me.com/herbs2
> >.
>
> I've also updated the Document with some wording changes as well as
> a small sub-section about how deal with the Command Completion
> examples not working properly.
>
> Please let me know of any problems you encounter if you try out
> those examples.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

Herb,

This document is very useful, even for someone who has been using
TeXShop for many years.  A few comments:

1.  It sounds like this document is a work in progress.  It may be
useful to date the documents or provide version numbers at the top so
that one knows if they have the latest version.

2.  In Section 3.3, I think you are missing a < in your second
paragraph where you write that Opt- produces \leq.  Also, I find the
autocompletion.plist to be confusing since it does not seem to show
what keystroke gives what value.  Is there a complete list that shows
all the paired keystrokes and results?

3.  I appreciate the addition of Section 5.3, because command
completion was not working for me.

Thanks,
Josh