[OS X TeX] microtype and tracking smallcaps don't work as desired

Alan Munn amunn at gmx.com
Fri Oct 8 15:36:11 CEST 2010

On Oct 8, 2010, at 9:01 AM, Michael Hoppe wrote:

> Am 06.10.2010 um 13:10 schrieb Morten Høgholm:
>
>> \begin{document} implicitly means begin typesetting. However, by
>> doing
>> your \input in the preamble some things may not have been set up yet
>> for typesetting (as you intend it) to happen. The microtype package
>> does many, many things behind the scenes so I'd wait with all such
>> things to _after_ \begin{document}.
>
> I'm aware of this, but I define my own footers in a style-file to
> use it with a bunch of documents.  Is there no cure but defining the
> footers in each document seperately?

Just wrap the command in \AtBeginDocument{}.  Then it works as you
want. For this kind of thing it might also make sense to make a
package instead of just using \input (but you'd still use
\AtBeginDocument in the package anyway.  -Alan

%%% ddt.tex %%%
\AtBeginDocument{%
\newbox\scbox \setbox\scbox=\hbox{{\textsc{AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA}}}
}

--
Alan Munn
amunn at gmx.com