[OS X TeX] Change of paper size with TL2010?

Antonio Cosma acosma at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 19:51:31 CEST 2010

Dear all
I tried to send this message some days ago but it never arrived, I think
because I had attached a big file as an example. I try again with a lighter
version.
I have a funny problem that kept me busy a lot of time. I am recompiling
some old material in Prosper - I know it's old but as long as it works, I
would like not to transfer a lot of material to beamer - and since updating
to texlive 2010 the text is no more centered, as if the papersize option had
been changed some way through the process.

Here is a minimal example of my slides,

%!TEX TS-program = latex
\documentclass[slideColor,colorBG]{prosper}
\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}
\usepackage{pstricks,pst-node,pst-text,pst-3d} %
\usepackage{amsmath}
\newcommand{\real}{\mathbb{R}}

\title{Big Title}
\subtitle{ Subtitle}
\subtitle{Part 1}
\author{{\green Antonio Cosma}}
\email{acosma at gmail.com <email%7Bacosma at gmail.com>}

\begin{document}

\maketitle

%----------------------------------------------------------------------
SLIDE 1
\overlays{2}{%
\begin{slide}{Slide title}
\begin{itemstep}
\item an item
    \item another item
\end{itemstep}
\end{slide}
}
\end{document}

Example2010.pdf is the output I obtain with TL2010. Just by changing the
distribution in the distribution panel of System Preferences to 2009, and
keeping everything else equal, I get a perfectly centered slide.

In the old times when I was using MikTex I remember running into a similar
problem, that I solved by giving the a4paper option to the dvips or ps2pdf
program. But here if I run in the terminal

Antonio-Cosmas-MacBook-Air:~ acosma$ tlmgr paper
Current context paper size (from
/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-config/tex/context/user/cont-sys.tex): a4
Current dvipdfm paper size (from
/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-config/dvipdfm/config/config): a4
Current dvipdfmx paper size (from
/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-config/dvipdfmx/dvipdfmx.cfg): a4
Current dvips paper size (from
/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-config/dvips/config/config.ps): a4
Current pdftex paper size (from
/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-config/tex/generic/config/pdftexconfig.tex):
a4
Current xdvi paper size (from
/usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-config/xdvi/XDvi): a4

So the paper size should be the right one for all programs (exactly the same
output to 'tlmgr paper' with TL2010, I avoid pasting twice).
Having a look at the log files, the main difference seems to be the
following line, obtained when compiling with TL2010
****
Package hyperref Warning: Option `a4paper' is no longer used (line 276 in my
log file).
***
It seems that hyperref is overruling the a4paper option. Is this possible? I
know for instance that hyperref is not compatible with HA-Prosper (that is
one of the reasons why Powerdot came out) but as I said I would really
appreciate being able to use my old slides, so if somebody had a quick and
dirty solution to this problem, it would be most welcome.

thanks in advance

Antonio