[OS X TeX] TL 2010 and old fontspec?!

Rolf Schmolling rolf.schmolling at alumni.TU-Berlin.de
Wed Oct 6 09:00:13 CEST 2010

Hi knowledgeable ones…

I am having an obscure problem which appeared after installing and switching to TL 2010 (via MacTeX):

Processing documents like: "mitschrift.dtx" (by Arno Trautman, this dtx. file needs to be processed by XeLaTeX ) I get the following error in TeXShop:

"LaTeX Warning: You have requested, on input line 27, version
	'2010/05/14 v2.0' of package fontspec,
	but only version
	'2004/12/04 v1.5a Advanced font selection for XeLaTeX'
	is available.
…"

I have applied all available updates via TLU. On my system (OSX 10.6.4 German; MBP 2.33 GH) there are TL installations: TL-2008-Basic; TL-2009; TL-2010 and TL-2010-64 which is currently active.

If in TLU I select in "manage packages" "fontspec" and info I get only documents referring to the very latest edition of fontspec e.g. "2010/09/29 v2.1b"

I have no idea what to do about this and how to check that the latest fontspec-package is active on my system.

And another thing: when processing documents with XeLaTeX get asked for "utf8accents.sty" which according to online sources is now substitituted by "xunicode.sty".

Is there a way to change that behavior so packages (I don't know which) don't ask for an outdated version?

Thanks a bunch,

Rolf

--
Rolf Schmolling M.A. Historian, Rolf.Schmolling at Alumni.TU-Berlin.DE
http://rolf_schmolling.macbay.de/